Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Samsung's new Galaxy Tabs

Looks like Samsung will out do Apple's iPad 2 when it comes to size, weight and price of their new Galaxy Tab tablets. It didn't take long. Assuming the pace of improvement keeps up, the iPad 2 will be severely out spec'd come Christmas. Not really surprising given this was already happening in the phone space.

I have played a bit with the Zoom and I can tell that, despite the bulky hardware, the UI simply flies and it's a real joy to use. But I will reserve judgment until I have used both Honeycomb and the iPad 2 more extensively (my iPad 2 is in the mail).

So, assuming the OS lives up to its full potential, it will be up to the apps available for each platform. In that regards, I have to agree with Scobble and give it to the iOS. It's a blood bath at the moment (that was, in fact, the reason why I bought myself an iPad 2).

Hopefully the maturing of the platform and its increasing reach will convince enough high quality developers to write for Android.


No comments: